"When power leads man toward arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the areas of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of his existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses, for art establishes the basic human truths which must serve as the touchstone of our judgment." - John F. Kennedy

Thanks for finding me. This is a fairly random sampling of my poetic rumblings beginning in the mid-70s to present day. Not definitive or complete, just things that struck me again for one reason or another on revisiting. There are a couple of previously published collections here which might be good places to start if you are diving in blind from the precipice.

Try the collections MEET THE BEATS or GLIMMERING RAY DUET (both archived in June 2008 in the menu below right) for starters if you are so inclined...

As of 2016, I will be publishing my song lyrics on a seperate page from the more poetic scribblings here. Pieces that first appeared here and then later were arranged for music will remain here in their original form but may appear edited on the lyric page. Check out the links section for the original song blog.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

YEAR ONE, B.B.


I can sing to you ‘til I’m blue in the face  
‘til the stars go dim from answering my wishes
and that paper moon defies its nature tells me that you do 
believe in me the way that I believe in you.
I can shout my love from the rooftops
Write songs and poems
Tend to your fragile heart
Like I do my cherished plants and revealing dreams
Nurturing, sharing, supporting our ever-flexing imaginations
adoring your caring and graciousness
as well as our struggles and unanswered questions.
To be a part of your waking thoughts
Your evening dreams
Your glorious plans and anxious doubts
Exhilarates my every moment.
But nothing can ever mean anything more
Than that very first glimpse when I saw you
Felt your presence descend upon my heart
An explosion from heights I’d never dreamed
Instantly
Tossing my depleted soul into sensual
Romantic
Inexplicable overdrive
The likes I’d given up dreaming of.
That we both somehow intuitively knew
The safety of being entwined in each other’s arms
Here on this ragged old lifeboat of a couch
Would repeatedly replace any silly questions
All fragmented doubts
Any distracting expectations
With a rejuvenating embrace of the magnificence
of each moment we find ourselves
smiling
crying
staring
laughing into each other’s eyes
nowhere else we’d rather be
than blanketed by the safe place
of such a real and daring love.
Explanations
Not needed.
Hearts aligned
Beating as one.
How I adore my Beautiful Baby
And the love we hold so dear.
One year
Filling my soul
Each delicious moment
Of every delicate day.

I love my BB.

301, 3/15/16 

No comments: